Tangy and refreshing, this mango cilantro lime salsa goes well with fish, seafood or just as a dip with chips. Add your own touches and make this your own recipe.
- 2 ripe mangos
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 lime - juiced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced red onion (optional
- A pinch of salt
- Peel the mango and cut the fruit off of the pit
- Dice the mango and put in a bowl
- Chop the cilantro and sprinkle over the mango
- Add the finely minced red onion (if using) and stir
- Squeeze the juice of one lime over the mixture
- Sprinkle the salt and stir to mix in well
Cutting the mango off of its flat large center pit is easier if you imagine where the pit is located. Once you have peeled the fruit, find the center pit and slice the mango off of each of the two flat sides.
Cut the mango over a bowl to capture any of the juices that may come out when you are cutting it off of the pit. The great things about this salsa is that the mango chunks don’t have to be perfectly shaped.
Join Mama Caruso Cooks Cooking Club and let’s master the art of peeling and slicing mangos … together.