When the lavender is fresh it will send any dish out of this world and this lavender lemon goat cheese is no exception. With fresh lavender from The Fresh Herb Company in Boulder County, Colorado Mama Caruso and Chet Anderson whipped up this recipe right on the farm with the field of lavender in the background.
Watch this Facebook LIVE episode of Mama Caruso Cooks Hacks and Tips, Lovin’ Lavender and then enjoy some lavender lemon goat cheese tonight – it is super easy.
- 10.5 oz of softened goat cheese
- 1 - 2 tablespoons of lavender
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 - 3 teaspoons of vanilla bean honey (regular honey will work just fine)
- Put softened goat cheese into a small bowl
- Stir in lavender and lemon zest until well mixed
- Drizzle honey to taste
- Mix well and serve
Chop dried lavender if using
I love using vanilla bean honey when I can find it, however any honey will do.
The more honey you add the more this spread turns into a delicious dessert and be spread over cookies – yummmmy.
To make lavender lemon goat cheese your own:
- add other fresh herbs
- squeeze a little lemon juice into the spread
- stir in some chopped almonds or walnuts
Our production crew ate up all that we made by the lavender field – it was that good. Have fun with it – make it your own. I would love to hear what you did to make this recipe your own. Let me know!
Join the Mama Caruso Cooks Cooking Club and connect with other everyday cooks who want to learn, share and own their kitchen. Let’s get cooking…together.