Lemons add a light freshness to this brussel sprout fennel lemon salad. Top with roasted pecans and you have a side side, salad or a meal that will surprise and delight.
- 1 ½ pounds brussel sprouts (about 30 cleaned) sliced thinly
- 1 fennel bulb – sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon zest of lemon
- Juice of 4 lemons (1/3 cup)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon ground pepper (more to taste)
- Slice the brussel sprouts and fennel thinly and place in large mixing bowl
- In a small bowl mix the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper
- Mix dressing well and stir into brussel sprout and fennel salad
- Chop a few of the fronds and stems of the fennel bulb and stir into salad
Keep your brussels sprout fennel lemon salad bright:
One of my favorite cooking hacks is included in this recipe – mixing the salt in the dressing instead of sprinkling it on the brussel sprouts and fennel seasons the salad without wilting the greens. Anytime you are making a slaw, mix your salt into the dressing before mixing on the salad and your salad will stay crisp and bright.
If you would like to learn more cooking hacks and tips join Mama Caruso Cooks Cooking Club and join others as we interact and learn together – LIVE!.